Thursday, May 17, 2007

Cheese slides off the ol' cracker



Okay,


Hear me out before you shake your head and make me a tin foil helmet.


I think ghost hunting is cool and I'd like to do it someday.

Yep.

Maybe I'm just jumping on the T.A.P.S. bandwagon, but I watch it, and shows like it. i watch 'A Haunting', I've Googled Ghost Hunters. I think that one show with the weirdo English psycics running around the catacombs and becoming possed by old world pedophiles is a load of crap though, so don't give up on me yet.
I've been interested in this stuff since I was a kid, and no, I don't think everything you can't see, touch, or explain is a 'ghost', I don't think my toilet is possesed by the spirit of L. Ron Hubbard,
but I do think some of this stuff is out there. Maybe not in the over-sensationalized and exploited way we are all used too seeing on TV and hearing about. But it think it's atleast a possibillity.
In the last couple of decades, Ghost hunter groups, or paranormal investigators, to be more correct, have sprung up all over the country. Sure some of them are running around old high school gym shower rooms with holy water and magic crystals, with a "psycic" in tow, looking for an apparition of the mud monster from scooby-doo. Yes, there are a few like that out there, but by and large most of these groups are credible.
They go into a reported haunting with tools to gather data with.
Digital recorders
Cameras
EVP monitors (measures electromagnetic current)
Controlled experements.
And they go over evidence they collect and try to debunk what could be being caused by something else. They compile their information, and issue a report on their findings.
Sometimes they find some neat things, sometimes they don't.
One of these groups is right here in Iowa (Actually, there are several groups, they just oporate under a common thread) IPART.
http://www.diepart.com/index.html

I've checked them out, it's pretty cool
I really wanted to get involved. And hope to in the near future.
(Opted not too right now cause of time restrictions at home, but really want to)
Tell me what you think. I think this is a very credible feild of study.
Again, tell me what you think, am I out there? Or do you atleast aknowlege the fact that this stuff goes on? Hell, I'll even take ghost stories.
If you're now concerned that I might live in your neighborhood, and you're going to lock your windows tonight, click here http://hatemailforbreck.blogspot.com/

2 comments:

Sherri Breckenridge said...

Remember the house at 801? There were no screaming and yelling ghosts or clinking of chains but there were vivid feeling when you went to the basement or if "it" was somewhere upstairs. You felt it too! It seems we always left running...You know it never followed us out the door? After someone who used to live there passed away the entity was never felt again! By the way it is her birthday today! She's 50 yrs older than me....

Breck said...

Yea, I recognized the date too.
I'm planning on posting a couple of those stories, as well as the ouija board incident @ Nates house.
I think I'll do a seperate blog for that, I'm making some ghost hunter friends and I think some are getting pissed at my politics, so I'll give them some place else to go. I'll let you know